Uganda Albinos Association (UAA), a non profit-making organization, non-religious initiative of a joint effort that governs all albino persons in Uganda. It was started way back in 2007 by three Albino students by then at Makerere University after undergoing a somewhat discrimination because of there state of life reflected by there unique skin color disability.
- Equality for all people
- Team work
Recalling there history which was characterized by social, economic and political discrimination based on skin color and general nature and realizing that discrimination based on such ground contravenes the provisions of the constitution of Uganda; recognizing that crisis and determination to fight such discrimination and enjoy equal treatment, committed to creating a better environment for this generation and the generation to come especially through education the association was birthed. This was because of increasing number of albino’s who must also enjoy equal rights and the freedom of association..
Building a community that promotes equality, justice, respect, and iconological rights and freedoms for all Albino Persons in Uganda.
To advocate for awareness, understanding, acceptance and entrenchment of Albino persons in Uganda and beyond boarders.
- To fight for and promote all the social, political and economic rights and freedoms of the Albinos Persons as guaranteed by the constitution of the republic of Uganda.
- To make sure that special treatment is accorded to all Albino Persons in educational, health, employment and other areas due to their unique bodily skin color disabilities.
- To sensitize the public about the rights of Albino Persons to be enjoyed just like any other member of society.
- To promote Albino Persons economic sustainability and prosperity through establishing a loan able fund.
- To promote Albino Persons betterment at all levels of growth for both national and international levels of development.
Hope Children's Centre formally Christ Our Hope Orphanage Centre is a local NGO, non-sectarian, ...
For the last ten years our work has been focused on educating people on peace, conflict resolution, ...
Media Association of Northern Uganda (MANU) is a premier think tank and media organisation that ...